Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 2 Lesson 4: Internet Safety

There is just too much information you can put on the Internet nowadays. Thinking about it though, it has been like this for well over a decade when chat rooms first hit it big. People need to understand that speaking to someone in a chat room is just as dangerous as those strangers your mother always warned you about when you were a child. Personally, I try to keep as much information off the Internet as possible. I never click on a pop up. I only enter in financial information in a secured website such as Amazon. I avoid chat rooms and other places where I don't know who I could be giving information to. I even went into Google Earth and deleted my address information. I have no child yet, but when I do, I will be glad for my slow dial-up connection at home. I hope it will discourage my child from getting on websites where they will be encouraged to pass on that information. It will make any talks we have more effective.

No comments: