Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 6 Lesson 13: Del.icio.us

I set myself up a delicious account a couple of months ago. I have not added many bookmarks yet. Many of the bookmarks I have added so far are recipes I have wanted to keep track of. I have added many of my other bookmarks I had in my Yahoo! account to delicious. So far, many of my tags have remained simple such as recipes, work, libraries, etc. I see the benefit of tagging for people with hundreds of bookmarks in their account. It is a way to easily find resources at a few clicks of the mouse. There are definite advantages for reference librarians using Del.icio.us. Reference librarians are depending more and more on the Internet as reputable organizations are using the Internet to spread information. These websites are very valuable for up to date information that is not possible to read in a book. We use the Internet every day. Now we can keep track of usable websites with a few clicks of a mouse.

No comments: