Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 6 Lesson 14: Technorati

Technorati looks to be an interesting tool. However, I am not any more impressed with it than I was two weeks ago when we looked at it earlier. It seems to be difficult for the average user to search. It works the same way many other search engines work where it finds sites through electronic means. Just like all other computer based programs, it cannot think for itself. Therefore, unless the exactly correct search terms are used, it is very easy to have a result list that is either too broad or too narrow to be of any use. I found it interesting that when I did a tag search, I found 54 blogs with "Learning 2.0" as a tag. The same search under blog directory produced 57 blogs. I suppose it doesn't matter what the tag is, Technorati searches the entire blog and sends back results for all blogs about "Learning 2.0" whether they are tagged that way or not.

No comments: