Monday, March 24, 2008

Sound: #26: Making (or listening to) Music Together

I knew about MySpace, but not any of the others. It seems like Qloud goes through iTunes which I have no interest in so that probably won't work at all for me. Project Playlist was really interesting. It is a music search engine with pretty new stuff. I even found whole albums listed. I found the Beatles Revolver album. I know it was the entire thing since it was over 34 minutes long. A drawback I found was that there was no way I found to browse the selections. I think Imeem was the best. It was really organized with the ability to browse as well as exact search for music. It had really new stuff too. The first page came up with Jordin Sparks.

I ended up signing up for Imeem. At first I found it extremely confusing. It was and still is having problems sending me a confirmation e-mail. (It's partially my fault, I gave it the wrong e-mail address; but when I switch the address around, it still couldn't find me.) Finally, when I gave up with that, I decided just to start creating a playlist. I had a little trouble figuring out how to do this also. They don't give real directions on their page. Finally, I was able to create a list and add a couple of Beatles and U2 songs. It's kind of cool but I don't think it's something I will ever really use.

No comments: