Monday, March 9, 2009

#46 Movie Maker Basics: You Oughta be in Pictures- or Making Them!

O.K. So my husband and I are starting to get into this whole videos from a digital still camera thing. I recently took the "You Oughta be in Pictures" training and got inspired. The next weekend, my handbell choir played an original piece written by a high school senior at our church at a regional handbell festival. My husband had a little problem with figuring out recording, but managed to get the final climatic minute (the best part) of the piece on the camera.

That next week, I figured out how to downnload it onto my home computer, convert it to .wmv and imported to Windows Movie Maker. I added a title screen and then figured out how to get the video to fade into the rolling credits. It was really cool if I say so myself.

When I was done, I went to upload the final project to YouTube so that I could link it to my Facebook account and share it with all of my friends. Oops... it wouldn't upload. I guess I need to go to the next post to figure out what I was doing wrong.

No comments: