Friday, March 27, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #52 What to Read

I did a general search on Janet Evanovich's novels. I love her Stephanie Plum series. I looked at Novelist, Morton Grove Public Library's Webrary, and What Should I Read Next? I found the results pretty close to the same Some authors were on at least 2 of the three lists. I even found one I might be interested. I'm going to try the first book in the Bubbles series by Sarah Strohmeyer.

Using Novelist the two books appropriate for a fouth grade girl who likes animals are Bunnicula by James Howe and The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden. The thirteen year old brother might be interested in Kit's Wilderness by David Almond and The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh.

For the customer who has read everything by Dean Koontz, I would recommend John Saul, Charles Grant (Novelist) or Robert Louis Stevenson (What Should I Read Next?).

According to Mid-Continent Public Library, the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce includes Alanna: The First Adventure, In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man, and Lioness Rampant.

No comments: