Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pot Luck #55: Getting the Most Out of Facebook

I personally LOVE Facebook. I joined in 2007 during the first iHCPL. Things really picked up on my account about six months later when I first really figured out what I could do with my page. I graduated from a private high school in Norway and now literally know people all over the world. I am up to 111 friends and the number just keeps growing as former school mate whom I haven't seen in 15 years keep getting online. In fact, Facebook has helped my husband (another graduate from the same high school) and I plan our summer vacation. We are doing a roadtrip up to Indianapolis and Chicago and will now visit about half a dozen fellow alumni along the way. They are people we haven't seen in 10-15 years and just got back in touch with thanks to Facebook.

I have quite a few favorite applications on Facebook. The ones I probably use most often are (Lil) Greenpatch and Live Gifts. My husband gave me a virtual goldfish about 9 months ago and I'm determined not to let Goldie die. I like the Greenpatch because of the donation to save the rainforest. I recently tried Virtual Bookshelf and I really like it. I look forward to seeing what it will recommend for me as soon as I FINALLY finish my current reading list... if I ever finish it. As soon as it is working probably it will possibly become my favorite application.

No comments: