Monday, March 9, 2009

Potluck #49: L'amore di lingue - Love of Languages

After looking them all over, Mangolanguages seems to fit me best. It is self-paced and completely individual. I'm not one for social online learning. If I learn a language in a social setting, I want to do it in an old-fashioned classroom, not online.

When it comes to languages, I decided I wanted to pick a fun one for me, Norsk. Since I already have a background from living in Norway, I thought I would pick it up again. Problem... there were no "classes" available on LiveMocha. It isn't my learning style anyway.

I set myself up an account with the library's version of Mangolanguages. Norwegian was not a languaged offered but I did try the Spanish, and I think I might try the German if I ever have time. It is slow, considering I remember a little from high school but I'm thinking it will eventually pick up.

As for Wikibooks... well... its put out by Wikipedia, 'nough said. (I really don't mind wikipedia as it could be a good jumping off point but I don't see Wikibooks as being a "jumping off point.")

I will definitely be showing this to patrons if they ask and will probably try it myself to improve my Spanish, something I DEFINITELY need!

No comments: