Friday, March 27, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #53 Finding Books Online

I used Mapquest to first find Maud Marks and then did a "search nearby" for bookstores. The first one that popped up was Kumon Central Katy. I thought this was a tutoring place. There is no online presence. The second place that popped up was Marismith Books. I had never heard of them either and they have no online presence. Finally a place I had at least heard of, Bookworm Shop. I have passed this place several times in my drives around the Cinco Ranch area, although I had never gone in. There is a website too! You actually have to go there to buy something though. They do not sell anything through their website.


I went to Katy Budget Books to look up One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. It sold for $7.99.

I couldn't find a copy of this one as an audio online. It is not owned as an electronic audio book by Harris County (Although we have many others by Janet Evanovich as audio books!) and it is too new to be in the public domain yet.


I downloaded "An Affair With a Princess" by Michelle Celmer. I'm not a read fan of electronic books. It's kind of hard to curl up with your computer. I do have a friend who prefers reading books in that way though. (He is a computer person.) I suppose I do see the appeal though. A library does not have room for everything customers need now a days. It is easy for a library to expand their collections using the computers. I think it would be helpful if there was no other way to get the book.

No comments: