Thursday, March 12, 2009

Potluck #50: Global Nation

O.K. I wasn't quite able to plan any dream vacation with these websites. We're going on a road trip this summer to Chicago and back so I thought I would use Simpatigo to find things on my way. The problem was the map was too big and when I tried breaking it up, there really is nothing to see between here and Hot Springs Village, AR (our first stop).

So, I decided to leave that trip alone since it will be more about seeing people than sseeingn sights.

I then tried Tripbase. I liked this sight quite a bit. However, the big European trip my husband and I are planning next year to Geneva and possibly Brussels didn't come up either. I suppose it was because I set the budget amount to low. Really we aren't planning on spending a huge amount of money for hotels. You see, we have friends in both cities begging us to come and visit. We have places to stay so really transportation would be our big expenses.

I did find out that we could afford a trip to Copenhagen or Stockholm. It's funny, I've seen most of Denmark and used to know the Kobenhavn airport like the back of my hand, but I've never actually been in the city itself. The Copenhagen card sounds like fun and I'd love to take the train for a day trip into Sweden. We would probably spend a lot of time exploring all the castles in the area, oh and the gardens. Even just a walk through downtown always proves to be colorful with all the buildings around. We would probably go in June, right after he finishes the school year, the rain in that area usually start up again around the end of July but May and June are usually gorgeous in that part of the world. Perhaps during the trip we could actually even spend a few days in Sweden since I've never been there either. Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments: