Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pot Luck #57: TXT U L8R - Texting

I am not an avid texter. My husband and I do not have a texting plan on our phone. I do text every once in a while though. My best friends and I found it quite useful during the last hurricane. We all sent texts back and forth about house damage and I think I still have the text from one announcing the birth of her daughter three days post-Ike. It would have been difficult for us to communicate by talking since network service was spotty from the jams of people trying to let family member know they were safe. I do not use text lingo. I'm not that great at texting and since it's a dollar a text no matter how long, I don't worry about learning all the lingo. I can usually read a text full of lingo though.

I refuse to text and drive. I do talk and drive and I admit it is a horrible habit and I should stop. Texting and driving seems to be worse though. At least while you are talking you can keep your eyes on the road and at least one hand on the wheel. When you text it is helpful to hold the phone in one hand and push the buttons with the other. Also, it is helpful to watch what you are doing so you don't end up texting gobbly gook! For those reason, I only text when I am standing, sitting, or being led around by my husband.

No comments: